EMAIL: brigitte (at) ynhmedia (dot) com
I am Brigitte Zabak and I am an Idea Advocate.
I am inspired by big, visionary ideas. My passion is in the details, and I thrive in environments where I am able to help bring conceptual dreams from the blueprint stage to production.
I develop strategies tailored to each project, and lead teams of talented people to ensure that goals are met and visions are being actualized. My roles in politics, the nonprofit world, and media relations have been expressions of my intrinsic desire to help, nurture, and lead meaningful projects to completion. I want to make an impact. I want to help amazing visionaries transform their big ideas into reality.
Master of Social Work, GPA 3.95, University of Houston, 2005
Studied under Nobel Laureate Jody Williams; Assisted with research and solidified professional writing skills in subjects of leadership, organizational practice, and global justice issues. (Graduated with Honors – Phi Alpha & Phi Kappa Phi Honor Societies)
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, GPA 3.25, University of Texas at Austin, 1999
I commit to honoring and celebrating my team’s strengths and skills, a belief system which has guaranteed my successful completion of projects from Program Development & Implementation for Non-profits to Marketing, Communication & Design Strategies.
I recognize the importance of strong relationships with the media, and have nurtured and cultivated meaningful connections with key members of the press. I am a trusted source with my media network because they know I am dependable and diligent in helping them obtain the information they need to get their job done right. My organizational and communication skills have helped me successfully facilitate efficient and timely media interactions for excellent coverage of news and events.
Organized + Analytical/ Event Coordination
I assess the needs of my clients and compose creative organizational solutions for standardization and stability. I have planned, managed, and executed organizational transitions for small businesses, individuals, and nonprofits. I craft thoughtful strategic plans to facilitate comprehensive work that often leads to the attainment of your company’s goals. I have orchestrated the management of complicated logistics through intense planning and implementing efficient processes.
I analyze community needs in an effort to plan, manage, and promote exciting large-scale events that help stimulate local tourism, cultural awareness, and the arts. I have been an integral part of a dynamic team of leaders that organize award-winning festivals, garnering local and national press attention for ingenuity and interest. (e.g., 2009 Award for Best Film Festival from Houston Press for HPFF and a nod as one of the best off-the-radar music festivals voted by VVM for FPSF).
I have written and edited compelling content for 100+ published articles on diverse topics including music, food, and women’s issues. I curate and help sustain a growing interest in various events and organizations through unique and purposeful copy including press releases, tailored correspondence, and marketing collateral. I have developed media kits and other marketing materials for a notable music festival.
My love of words coupled with my writing expertise allows me to provide individuals and businesses with genuine opportunities to express their vision, strengths, and passion for the work they do.
* Your Name Here Media — Managing Member, June 2008-Present
Free Press Summer Festival — Media Coordinator, 2009-2013
Free Press Houston — Managing Editor, July 2012-September 2013
Fitzgerald’s — Marketing Coordinator, July 2012-September 2013
Hater Magazine — Editor in Chief, 2008-2010, Contributing Writer, 2008-Present
Under the Radar — Copy Editor/Proofreader, 2010-Present
Consulting, Public Relations, and Event promotion for the following:
Glass the Sky
Motion Turns It On
Sharks and Sailors
The Literary Greats
* Freelancer — Writing & Editing, June 2006-Present (Online Portfolio – www.brigittez.com)
* AIM Creative Agency — Marketing Consultant, November 2010-July 2011
* Bill White for Texas — Fellowship, Communications & Public Policy, January 2010-April 2010
* City of Houston, Office of Council Member M.J. Khan – Communications & Policy Agenda Director, December 2006-December 2009
* Arab American Cultural and Community Center — Executive Director, December 2005-December 2006
* Office of Texas State Representative Jessica Farrar — Policy Analyst, January 2005-July 2005
* Children at Risk — Graduate Intern/Policy Analysis, January 2004-August 2004
* United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Houston — Career Activities Coordinator with High School/High Tech, August 2001-August 2003
* Scientific Placement, Inc. — Internet Researcher/Recruiter, January 2000-April 2001
* Houston Palestine Film Festival, Board Member, Media and Outreach, 2007-2012
* Graduate College of Social Work — UH, Alumni Association Board of Directors, Board Member, 2006-2008
* American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, Board Member, 2005-2008
* Community Youth Development Program — Steering Committee for Gulfton Chapter, Member, 2002-2004; Committee Chair, 2003-2004
* United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Houston – Respite Program, Director of Family Day Out, 2001-2003